Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Where is your God? Right Here!


Isaiah 58 Ministries 

Happy New Year!
2013

Pastor Leah Svensson

Scriptures: Psalms 42, 43, 46


 In the Year of Our Lord
January 1st,2013



Where Is Your God? He Is Right Here!

          The greatest weapon of the enemy is this: to get you to doubt where your God is. I have read David talk about his enemies. I usually just pictured real people persecuting him to his face. That is true, but the evil goes much deeper and is much more deceptive. From the time we are put in public schools we are reprogrammed to NOT believe in God, to NOT trust in the Almighty Creator. The enemy puts doubts into our minds and make us think they are our thoughts. This is a great evil and must be dealt with swiftly. We cannot allow lies to sink into our minds and make us believe that those God doubting thoughts are ours. Rejoice!! Jesus came to set our souls free.

          If we are left to grow and mature un-abused/our childhood not used and taken advantage of, our minds may still be able to retain the truth we are born with: God is right here with us, all the time, waiting for us to praise Him, to lift up His name, to BELIEVE!  Abusive, dominating, tyrannical people want you to look to them for prosperity, for provision, they want to be your god. But we are born longing for our Creator like a deer longs for water. David knew the secret to overcoming abuse, overcoming evil people seeking to destroy our souls…Hope in God, allow your soul to praise Him and when the enemy says “Where is your God?” You turn and reply “The Almighty is here to vindicate and protect me…BE GONE!”


Psalm
42 As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

When shall I come and appear before God?[b]
My tears have been my food day and night,
While they continually say to me,
“Where is your God?”
Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him
For the help of His countenance.[c]
O my God,[d] my soul is cast down within me;
Therefore I will remember You from the land of the Jordan,
And from the heights of Hermon,
From the Hill Mizar.
Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls;

All Your waves and billows have gone over me.
The Lord will command His loving kindness in the daytime,
And in the night His song shall be with me—
A prayer to the God of my life.
I will say to God my Rock,
“Why have You forgotten me?
Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?”
10 As with a breaking of my bones,

My enemies reproach me,
While they say to me all day long,
“Where is your God?”
11 Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.

End Psalm

   Evil people, led by the demonic forces controlling their lives will seek out an innocent person’s joy and seek to deflate him. Evil people even do this to each other. Abusive people abuse others and so on. This abuse stays with our minds and makes us feel and think we doubt our God. I remember one year my dad was in charge of finding a good picnic spot at my favorite park. Now, he and my brother found this secluded spot away from everything. My dad was so proud of himself. I thought it was silly to be away from the playground and fun things but didn’t say anything. The day of the reunion came around and all his brothers and sisters laughed at him, including his mother and derided the spot he had so intently chosen. I felt so bad for this man, even though he had done the same thing to me time and time again, crushing my little childlike spirit. I saw the abuse that ran in the family and per·pet·u·ate 1. Make (something, typically an undesirable situation or an unfounded belief) continue indefinitely.    2.Preserve (something valued) from oblivion or extinction. Synonyms: immortalize - eternize - eternalize
 his ability to turn on me.

    Evil people get into your head and stay with you when you are not able to stand up and praise the Lord in these situations.

     It takes a person, filled with the power of God, (the Gospel), to stand up and stop the cycle. How do we do this? But proclaiming the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ- He has come to set the captives free. He has come to bring liberty to our minds and allow us to be happy and innocent again. There is a saying in the Christian world “can’t steal my joy devil.” Easier said than done sometimes but David understood that God was all powerful and if he put his God first and foremost on his mind, thoughts, lips than nothing could overcome him.

Psalm
43 Vindicate me, O God,
And plead my cause against an ungodly nation;
Oh, deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!
For You are the God of my strength;

Why do You cast me off?
Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
Oh, send out Your light and Your truth!
Let them lead me;
Let them bring me to Your holy hill
And to Your tabernacle.
Then I will go to the altar of God,

To God my exceeding joy;
And on the harp I will praise You,
O God, my God.
Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.

End Psalm

     God is our strength, our song. Don’t let evil people take your God song from you. Praise Him. Remind yourself how great He is and He will come in to vindicate you and send your enemies packing!!!
Did you know that Woodrow Wilson, put his hand on Psalm 46 when he was sworn into presidential office? He knew, like our founding fathers that in order for this country to be great and strong, it’s people would need to put their trust 100% in the Almighty God!.

Psalm 46 God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,

Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah
There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;

God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.
The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.
The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah
Come, behold the works of the Lord,
Who has made desolations in the earth.
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;

He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!
11 The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge.

       Our country was founded in freedom, the first of it’s kind. We obtained this freedom, not through strength in numbers or weapons, but on the grit of men and women seeking an Almighty God to fight their battles with and for them. When you fight for the cause of Christ- to live morally and uprightly- He will cause the battles to go your way. He will break bows and cut spears in two. (This is for each individual!) This is how we gained our independence. This is how we can get it back again. Evil men and women have turned away from the God of Jacob but they cannot stand for long. God just needs to utter his voice and the earth will melt! Seek Him, my friends and he will turn this nation around so that when the enemy in your head or before you says “Where is your God.” You can confidently turn to him and say “He is right HERE!” 

No comments: