Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Battlefield of Mind






 There is a war that rages, it rages, I said it rages, It's a battle so epic it rivals those of the ages, on history pages. Daily there is blood spilt- it's spilled on both sides, times when truth wins out- other times- the lies. It causes great pain, yet it's caused BY great pain, and earnestly I press on, fore I know what I'm gain'n. It's gruesome, it's gory there is blood, sweat and tears, but there's one thing I must tell you, it takes place all up in here. And the cavalry that's gonna save me, is locked up deep inside- where the fight to live out His promises takes place on... The Battlefield of the Mind. Even when I don't know it, this battle rages on, each person and conversation is like a fresh battle's dawn. It's a fight for my mind a fight for the truth, I've got Jesus as my Savior, so God, it's all up to You. See I have surrendered my life- everything that I have- but the stuff that is for real, the only thing that lasts, is our mind, our soul. So instead of chase'n the almighty $, chase'n lust, chase'n things- chase after that prize that true joy and bliss it brings. Each day I open my eyes, each sunrise, I realize, I step out onto the field- the Battle Field of my Mind. I don't run away, I shall never flee, I will never give up- cus You haven't given up on me. The world says "this", Your WORD says "that", I thought "this" was right, now I know it's not. And I and getting stronger, I've grown experienced in the fight and I can more readily see the wrong from the right. This is a battlefield and I'm take'n you on, I know where I am going and Devil- it's on. I'm about to win I'm this close to the end, and Satan, man I dare you, try to take me on again. I step out on the battlefield of the mind and I fight for the truth He's given me, I fight for what's mine.

No comments: