Thursday, June 26, 2014

4th of July series:EAT THE WORD OF GOD LIKE IT'S GOING OUT OF STYLE!

Stay well armed have a good breakfast, eat the Word of God!


Isaiah 58 Ministries                                           June 26, 2014

Pastor: Leah Svensson

Scriptures: Psalms 119:105, Psalms 51:10, 1 Peter 2:2-3, Hebrews 5:12-14, John 1:1, Matthew 26:26-27, John 6:35, Psalms 1:1-3, 2 Timothy 4:2, Isaiah 28:9-12, Hebrews 4:12, Romans 8:10-17, Ephesians 6:10, Ephesians 4:26-28   




Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path...Psalm 119:105







Create in me a clean heart oh God and renew a right spirit within me.Psalms 51:10





 Cast me not away from thy presence oh Lord and take not thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of my salvation and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:11-12

 



   
   
   
      I know these scriptures because they have been turned into worship songs and I have sung them 1 million times at church, youth group, Bible studies, camp, etc. This is not a bad thing because I have them in my head permanently! 

     
    God wants ALL of his Word permanently written, tattooed on our hearts and in our head!  

 

    Many of you know Matt, aka, Kansas. When  we first met him he was  very small. 5'11" and maybe 125lbs. He was so hungry, he was starved.

      But more than physically starved he was spiritually starved.

      When introduced to the Word of God he began to devour it and he grew strong on the inside and it manifested on the outside. Now, he  was a baby Christian so, as his friends, we fed him the Word like  a mom ma bird feeds her chicks and he ate up the Word like crazy. 

1 Peter 2 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

     
       Now, the thing that kept going over and over in my head is EAT THE WORD!! When I was growing up in church they would teach us to set aside 1 hr every morning to spend a "quiet time" or "devotional" with the Lord. I was obedient and so I did. Well, this is one area that the church has right in principle, not so much in practice. They waste their time on buying all kinds of Joel Osteen "devotionals' that water down the Word.
     
      Here's the thing, though, we need to start our day off this way- IN THE WORD, WITH THE LORD! :) Now, the letter of the law kills, but the Spirit brings life. You wake up famished, you are starved and need to eat in order to get going in your day- Now, your spirit is hungry as well. This is why I am suggesting you take your breakfast or lunches or whatever you eat that is not with family and


FEED YOUR 

SOUL THE 

WORD OF 

GOD! 

      
       Sometimes we want to hear great words directly from God into our hearts but even more important is to devour and eat the Word so that those words the Lord are speaking to you stick and line up with the Word of God. 



     
When you question what the Lord has spoken it's because you don't have scripture to back it up. 
If a word is from God, you will 

find it's theme all through the 

Bible.  

      In order to be a preacher or teacher, we must know the Word. More than memorizing ch and verse, it to read it, read it read it. Whatever it is, it could be Jeremiah, Genesis, Matthew, Revelation. Even if you don't understand the passage just yet, it will FEED YOUR SOUL!  And, just like with physical food, we need MULTIPLE MEALS EVERYDAY! Now, sometimes we only have time to grab a quick donut and go out the door, but you should always always, feed your soul as much as your body- even more. 
   
      If you have to wake up early, take a min and read the Bible before going about your day. Your soul needs this food. Settle your heart before the Lord and hear from Him and His plan for you first and foremost.

    



     
      I absolutely Love watching our friends, Godly men, Jimmy and Justin who love devouring the Word. Both of them have only fairly recently truly given their lives to Christ.  As we grow in Christ, we need to have that desire to
go deeper and deeper into the 

things of the Lord and not just be happy with a church service, singing some songs, letting others do the heavy Bible study.


        No, as we grow, every Christian should become knowledgeable in the Word and share the Truth with others!
       This country was founded on the Truth of God’s Word and many of the leaders who called others to action were not just Patriots but Pastors who inspired the people to “Obey God and Resist Tyranny.” The Patriot Pastors served their country bravely, faithfully preaching the Gospel.

If you are an American you should be:

Hebrews 5 12 For even though by this time you ought to be teaching others, you actually need someone to teach you over again the very first principles of God’s Word. You have come to need milk, not solid food.13 For everyone who continues to feed on milk is obviously inexperienced and unskilled in the doctrine of righteousness (of conformity to the divine will in purpose, thought, and action), for he is a mere infant [not able to talk yet]!
14 But solid food is for full-grown men, for those whose senses and mental faculties are trained by practice to discriminate and distinguish between what is morally good and noble and what is evil and contrary either 

to divine or human law


                                  (Our example of Full grown men: the founding Fathers are it!)

   
     This food is Jesus- Jesus is the Word and the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us...John 1:1
Matthew 26:26-27 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body." Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you.
John 6:35 Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

         How do we eat and never hunger? By reading the Word of God, meditating on it! 
       

      While canoeing on the river the other day I was commenting on just how beautiful the trees were growing on the banks They are HUGE! I mentioned that the Bible talks about how we will be like trees planted by rivers and, Justin told us he had just read Psalms and in the very beginning 

David proclaims his love for 

God's Word! 

Psalm 1

Blessed (happy, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes], nor stands [submissive and inactive] in the path where sinners walk, nor sits down [to relax and rest] where the scornful [and the mockers] gather.
But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night.
And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].

   
        As you grow in  faith, you do not need the milk of the Word anymore. You do not need any man (or woman) to teach you- it's time for you to teach and preach and PREACH THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS, PREACH HIS WORD...GENESIS TO REVELATION! 
2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
                          
Amplified 2 Herald and preach the Word! Keep your sense of urgency [stand by, be at hand and ready], whether the opportunity seems to be favorable or unfavorable. [Whether it is convenient or inconvenient, whether it is welcome or unwelcome, you as a preacher of the Word are to show people in what way their lives are wrong.] And convince them, rebuking and correcting, warning and urging and encouraging them, being unflagging and inexhaustible in patience and teaching.


      I.E. We should all be using Gold and Silver, it is the law according to God and the Constitution.Paper money is a creation of  sinful man not of God.
          Currency must have value in adn of itself not an illusion or perception of value. For it is an abstract, constantly changing, and can not be equivacated using weights and measurements, science.
         Paper Money is witchcraft, a spell, deception to the soul. It is to sin against, (hurt, twist, become master 

to,damage)  your very soul and cause it great 

pain and suffering and the souls of others.

         
       

      I remember not knowing what to do. I just kept reading chapter upon chapter of the Bible because I knew the more I fed the Word to my soul, even if I was depressed or in a bad place like my dad's, I would be growing stronger and stronger.

    Read it when you wake up, take time throughout the day to read it. STOP a project for 10-15 mins and READ A SCRIPTURE PASSAGE! 

      We need to have that Bible memorized, not chapter and verse, but the meaning of it the spirit that sets men free.


        Ask the Lord to guide you and you will be ready later to write it down. This is what I do all the time!! More important than anything you may be working on is that you READ THE WORD!


Isaiah 28  Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. (grown men) 
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

    Finally, men and women of God, I leave you with this, our dear future preachers WE NEED YOU TO KNOW THE WORD! Christ is handing you keys! I am telling you I have spent 33 yrs devouring the Word, yet, as a woman, there are doors to the kingdom I cannot unlock. Unlock them men of God! Go into the Holy of Holies, get into the Word of God. Tell us what Ezekiel is all about. Tell us what Jeremiah means, speak to us of Revelations. Know the Word, find the passages of scripture in the Old Testament that point to our Messiah and then you will be able to win the Jewish people like Paul does in Hebrews. Show them IN THE WORD!
       
     The Word will light your path. When you are afraid, confused, it's because you are not filled up with the Word!! I am a female...  I have an excuse...ha... the Bible says I am the weaker vessel, God understands our weakness...you, thou son of man RISE UP, take your sword which is the WORD OF GOD! And fight! 
Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (this is the one I have memorized)
Amplified 12 For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the [g]breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], 


Romans 10 8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
     
  
     This will give you a good start to the day. The best way to start your day is with a full and balanced breakfast in the Word- eggs, bacon, toast, milk, fruit... When I was homeschooled I would take my psalms and proverbs devotional, a book called Jesus Calling, and my bible to the river. I would sit for 30 mins or so, read the Word (balanced diet of different passages) and listen to the Lord speak. Sometimes I would write things down, most important I would listen. Out of these times I was able to write my music, I fasted and prayed and then the Holy Spirit would show up at youth group while I preached and kids would get filled with the Spirit and speak in tongues... all because I ate and ate all the Word I could. 

 
      When I would go on trips or to camp or spend the night at someone's house, I would always, always, take my Bible and psalm/proverbs books and read them. I would then write in my journal words from the Lord. I noticed our friend Jimmy reads in the morning and before he goes to bed. I love this guy. He and I click because he reminds me of myself in so many ways. He is a new Christian and I want to see him grow and encourage him so the devil doesn't take his gifts but God multiplies them. We need 1,000s of men in the Word.

   But  as you have been trained  up,  you will not need a  teacher forever, but God wants to see you take on the Word like a boss-  see you preach the Word. 

   
      God knows what is in many of you. He wants you to stir it up. As much as God wants people to eat good healthy food, God wants you to eat the Word of God until you are full and EAT SOME MORE!! :) The Word will never grow old, it tastes better and better with time. The more you eat, the more room you have for more! 

   
 Eat the Word Son! Crave Phillipians, desire 1 and 2 Peter, allow Paul to become that voice in your head instead of all the negative LIES  that swirl around. When you want to think "I am weaker than I used to be..." FIGHT THAT LIE DEFLECT IT WITH THE SHIELD OF FAITH...

     
      Justin is learning to show others how to take the Word of God and to go on the OFFENSIVE with your mind. Instead of combating the lies as they come. GET IN THE WORD, SPEAK IN TONGUES ALL THE TIME AND GO ON THE OFFENSIVE...When the devil says " I am weak..." DON'T ALLOW THAT THOUGHT 1 SEC IN YOUR HEAD...INSTEAD..SPEAK THE TRUTH

Ephesians 6:10 my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Say to that lie I AM STRONG IN THE LORD AND THE POWER OF HIS MIGHT!! I AM NOT WEAK!! 


    Anytime you are depressed it's because the devil's lies are taking up more space and are being fed more than the truth of God

   
     Okay, final word... I am practicing what  I preach. I have all these Bible passages in me and because of the lies of the church, they kept me bound in chains so I could not use the Word of God as a weapon.




      But, little did the devil know, God would unchain me one day and all the Word of God I had been studying would one day COME ALIVE! It's all flowing out of me. I have been fighting and fighting and fighting negative LIES in my head "I am fat... I am ugly... I will be petsitting forever and not have my farm...life off the grid will be hard..." now, I am FORCING myself to STARVE THOSE LIES!!


       Don't give them a sec of your time "I'll never start the business God wants me to... It will be years before I'm ready to be married. God is too far away to help....I am all alone...I am weak... I am broken...I cannot be the man of God people need me to be..." STOP THE INSANITY, DON'T LET THE DEVIL WIN, DON'T give any place to the devil!!

Ephesians 4:26 “Be angry, and do not sin”:[a] do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil.28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need.

     
      I was telling Kansas, I've got the preach on me FOR YOU 

because there is GREATNESS 

IN YOU...FIRE IN YOU...LIFE 

EVERLASTING IN YOU!! I know you have the strength, fortitude ,and ability to become a Joshua, Caleb, Paul, Abraham...you are a man of faith like Hebrews ch 11...now, it's time to act like it!! Take up your mat and walk...go and sin no more... let only the Word of God in and only the Word of God will come out!! :) Preach Preacher....PREACH!!!! 

  
     How to preach? EAT THE WORD OF GOD...THE BIBLE...ALL...DAY...LONG... 







No comments: