Wednesday, July 17, 2013

God Resists the Proud But Gives Grace To the Humble


James 4:4-6 Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”?

6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:

“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.

We speak the truth as God commands it. Rebellion to the world is by definition following and glorifying God. There are those who have been presented with the gospel countless times, cursing it and spitting in the face of God each time. Jesus didn't come to hang out with sinners and tax collectors. All those who he healed, traveled and or co-habitated with were humble and open to his kind fatherly corrections and refinement. 

Job 5:15 But He saves the needy from the sword,
From the mouth of the mighty,
And from their hand.
16 So the poor have hope,
And injustice shuts her mouth.
17 “Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects;
Therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty.
18 For He bruises, but He binds up;
He wounds, but His hands make whole.
19 He shall deliver you in six troubles,
Yes, in seven no evil shall touch you.
20 In famine He shall redeem you from death,
And in war from the power of the sword.

He came to set free those who have been suffered to a life filled with brainwashing, abuse, molestation, torment, or anguish. There are those who purposely chose to sell their souls to the devil for fame, success in business, and the like. These people have left a sea of broken minds and backs they have stepped on in their wake. The devil is using these people to further his agenda, his plan, not God’s. They are not humble, nor repentant for the damage they have inflicted. If given the choice they would do the exact same thing again that they did before. To become truly unified and sanctified in Christ is to reject and turn from the wretchedness of what you were prior to salvation. You cannot think of following anything but God’s will for your life. 

Isaiah 55:8-9
8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

There are those who we must eventually leave behind as this is true love for an abusive person. You are actually showing them love by following God and not being around for them to abuse anymore. You are loving them by preventing them more pain and suffering in eternal hellfire and brimstone for their actions.

Luke 9:4-6 4 “Whatever house you enter, stay there, and from there depart. 5 And whoever will not receive you, when you go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet as a testimony against them.”

6 So they departed and went through the towns, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere.


Note, like those of Jesus home town not being healed by their hardened hearts and outright mockery of his ministry, in this scripture it tells us that they healed everywhere, except those abusive people. Jesus says himself to kick the dirt clods off your boots and shake off the dust from your feet as a testimony against them.

People controlled by people such as these do so by no fault of their own. They are brainwashed and forced into it. I should know, just a few short months ago (and going back to birth), I was living in virtual slavery forced to share beds with men when their partners would go out of town, and slave and toile for their provision rather than for my own. These people keep you from coming into the knowing of God’s truth and salvation. Partially the problem for this is that there are not more ministers like jc out there. She preaches the truth as in the world today few are saying what needs to be said. Some do and we praise God for them and pray for the others. The top ministers such as Joel Osteen, Adam Hamilton, or insert name of big minister here, if God actually speaks the truth to them they are not relaying it to you. Stadiums full of sinners and tax collectors, or better phrased as a worldly social club, are not church. They do not preach the simplicity of following the Commandments. The world today revolves around money and Jesus tells us that you cannot worship both God and money. We must render unto Cesar what is Cesar’s, or unto Obama what is Obama’s (with an ex-president’s picture on it, and satanic pyramid with an eye on it). Jesus didn’t come to set up the churches as they are today. He calls on us to deliver the gospel to people, not keeping them under us, or obligated to pay our salary or place offerings in the plate. He has called upon us all to spread the gospel, thereby turning everyone into a minister. The gospel is free of charge, so you cannot sell CDs, books, or sermons. If we are blessed for our works, that is up to God, as we are to not let our left hand know what our right is doing. What we put out we do out of the kindness of our hearts to set the oppressed free. As with everything we say if what we preach strikes a chord and is confirmed in you then great, praise God. If not that is ok, just chuck it. We do however whole heartedly follow God, and if he wants truth proclaimed, we do so. We do not tell names of our abusers, nor do we speak them around the house. They are not worthy of such. If you do not receive the message, that is totally fine, however to not deliver it could mean the difference between someone else who you will never meet being set free or not. If I can set one more free it is to God’s glory that I do so in Jesus name. Victims of abuse have opened up to us from across the globe. I for one am proud that a simple message from the Lord that easily could have been ignored by a loud radio or noise from the world resulted in their path to healing. 

To not put out a message such as this is but to tell those homeless that you aren't willing to help. I used to work in the worst neighborhoods on the streets next to the homeless and trying to avoid gang members (when possible) every day. I didn't have God, but I lent an open ear and a kind face as these less fortunate and forgotten people told their tales of woe on the streets, freezing in the winters, taping old lenses in eyeglass frames of a totally different shape, eating squirrels, fishing to avoid starvation, or riding the rails.


 I can see their faces plain as day, and I often wonder where they are now and if they are ok. I was far closer in friendship to them than I was to my own abusive family. One kind soul, tall, medium build, long dark hair and a salt and pepper beard, most would avert their eyes from, or swiftly did 180s and walked the other way upon seeing his disheveled appearance. I must admit at first I did the same. He sought ME out, he made MY days brighter. He insisted on helping me, unwilling to accept any form of payment, strictly for the exercise and conversation. He was a blessing to me. If he couldn’t sleep he thought not of himself, but of me, and the piles of trash built up on the parking lot. What a blessing it was to show up and see the lot cleared and the pile of bags by the dumpster. He would just laugh saying that it was no big deal, “I couldn’t sleep anyway.” I rejoice every day for God delivering me here and walking toward the life that he has for me. I am finally free and in a kind family who actually love me. I have turned and rejected my old life as it was founded upon abuse, molestation, and lies. These are the blessed moments I choose to remember fondly. No one cared to help this man and he died by the train tracks. I for one have never been allowed to have my own voice, even now sometimes I am scared to open up and share it. I asked what happened to my friend one day after not seeing him for a while. I tried to contain my shock and sorrow as the store clerk gleefully told the tale. The devil racks his shotgun saying “one down, X more to go!” You are broken, people are abusive, you are scared of them, so you must appear to agree with their sentiment I thought. 

I knew a short slender man just down the street with long hair, and a beard who I saw several times each week. He mostly wore sleeveless shirts and a banana on around his head. Special days he might don the baseball cap. Every time he would see my blank, emotionless, hollow stare. Every time a big smile would beam on his face and he would say “hey, get to work! Ha ha,” the joke clearly being that I was currently already attentively working. The conversation would go from there about his life. This is a man who was abused, and could only obtain odd jobs here and there falling farther and farther behind in rent every month. He had to fish to feed his family at a park nearby as otherwise they would starve. I still remember the joy upon his face in telling me that his daughter was moving back to town and a new baby was on the way. He scraped together enough money that day to buy a toy or two at the Dollar General . I can still see that twinkle in his eye as he fought back tears telling me that “I’m really going to spoil those kids. I can teach them to fish,” and so many other things. This is who the gospel is for. These are people with nothing who would give the shirt off their back to a stranger if he was in need. Due to a broken mind, continual abuse and molestation, blackouts, migraines, etc., I was blinded to the truth. The truth was they identified with me, as they could see in me the same brokenness as they had. Sure I had a job, but forced slavery is one step from being used up and cast out onto the street when you are no longer of use to someone evil. I was actually under the delusion that I was somehow helping them. Unbeknownst to me these people were ministering to, blessing, and showing compassion to me. They showed more love to me in those years of our paths crossing than my abusers had my whole life. They cannot love, for they are demon possessed. 

One day a heavily loaded bicycle rode up to me with a trailer in tow. This man was homeless, and for lack of anything else better to do he just hit the road. He went clear from Atlanta Georgia to the California coast, and was now on his way back east again. He tried to time it so that he was in warm states for the winter. If you don’t have a home you might as well exercise the freedom of this country and see all the beauty that it contains. One lady I talked to for a good hour as she was making her escape from forced prostitution. Her “boyfriend” abused her in every sense of the word. I believe Jesus came to her to give her the sound mind of knowing that these people didn’t hold any power over her anymore. She was making her escape and I praised her for it. Glory to God.

The churches of today are not proclaiming God’s truth, and His wrath is kindled upon the earth. He seeks repentance and change in our country. It is time to get on the winning side. The fact that God hit the Vatican with lightening twice on the day that the Pope quit in February should be a clear indication.

Now I am asking you to read the story this post is for. Read the story about the man in the photograph. The following is an excerpt from the critical scene in the movie “A Time to Kill,” with Matthew McConaughey.

“Can you see her? Her raped, beaten, broken body soaked in their urine, soaked in their semen, soaked in her blood, left to die. Can you see her? I want you to picture that little girl. Now imagine she's WHITE.”

Now I want you to remember that story again. Really look at that picture and see the true heart of the man in that story. Now imagine that HE buys YOU a meal at the restaurant WHILE homeless. I’ve been there. This is why we proclaim the truth and minister to the broken and the abused, and I am not ashamed of it.


This would be Uncle Jac if his brothers and sisters had their way with him. Thank God for God!
A next story is a  must READ - 


Good morning said a woman as she walked up to the man sitting on the ground.

The man slowly looked up.

This was a woman clearly accustomed to the finer things of life. Her coat was new.. She looked like she had never missed a meal in her life.

His first thought was that she wanted to make fun of him, like so many others had done before.. "Leave me alone," he growled....

To his amazement, the woman continued standing.

She was smiling -- her even white teeth displayed in dazzling rows. "Are you hungry?" she asked.

"No," he answered sarcastically. "I've just come from dining with the president. Now go away."

The woman's smile became even broader. Suddenly the man felt a gentle hand under his arm.

"What are you doing, lady?" the man asked angrily. "I said to leave me alone.

Just then a policeman came up. "Is there any problem, ma'am?" he asked..

"No problem here, officer," the woman answered. "I'm just trying to get this man to his feet. Will you help me?"

The officer scratched his head. "That's old Jack. He's been a fixture around here for a couple of years. What do you want with him?"

"See that cafeteria over there?" she asked. "I'm going to get him something to eat and get him out of the cold for awhile."

"Are you crazy, lady?" the homeless man resisted. "I don't want to go in there!" Then he felt strong hands grab his other arm and lift him up. "Let me go, officer. I didn't do anything."

"This is a good deal for you, Jack" the officer answered. "Don't blow it.."

Finally, and with some difficulty, the woman and the police officer got Jack into the cafeteria and sat him at a table in a remote corner. It was the middle of the morning, so most of the breakfast crowd had already left and the lunch bunch had not yet arrived...

The manager strode across the cafeteria and stood by his table. "What's going on here, officer?" he asked. "What is all this, is this man in trouble?"

"This lady brought this man in here to be fed," the policeman answered.

"Not in here!" the manager replied angrily. "Having a person like that here is bad for business.."

Old Jack smiled a toothless grin. "See, lady. I told you so. Now if you'll let me go. I didn't want to come here in the first place."

The woman turned to the cafeteria manager and smiled....... "Sir, are you familiar with Eddy and Associates, the banking firm down the street?"

"Of course I am," the manager answered impatiently. "They hold their weekly meetings in one of my banquet rooms."

"And do you make a godly amount of money providing food at these weekly meetings?"

"What business is that of yours?"

I, sir, am Penelope Eddy, president and CEO of the company."

"Oh."

The woman smiled again. "I thought that might make a difference." She glanced at the cop who was busy stifling a giggle. "Would you like to join us in a cup of coffee and a meal, officer?"

"No thanks, ma'am," the officer replied. "I'm on duty."

"Then, perhaps, a cup of coffee to go?"

"Yes, ma’am. That would be very nice."

The cafeteria manager turned on his heel, "I'll get your coffee for you right away, officer."

The officer watched him walk away. "You certainly put him in his place," he said.

"That was not my intent. Believe it or not, I have a reason for all this."

She sat down at the table across from her amazed dinner guest. She stared at him intently.. "Jack, do you remember me?"

Old Jack searched her face with his old, rheumy eyes. "I think so -- I mean you do look familiar."

"I'm a little older perhaps," she said. "Maybe I've even filled out more than in my younger days when you worked here, and I came through that very door, cold and hungry."

"Ma'am?" the officer said questioningly. He couldn't believe that such a magnificently turned out woman could ever have been hungry.

"I was just out of college," the woman began. "I had come to the city looking for a job, but I couldn't find anything. Finally I was down to my last few cents and had been kicked out of my apartment. I walked the streets for days. It was February and I was cold and nearly starving. I saw this place and walked in on the off chance that I could get something to eat."

Jack lit up with a smile. "Now I remember," he said.. "I was behind the serving counter. You came up and asked me if you could work for something to eat. I said that it was against company policy."

"I know," the woman continued. "Then you made me the biggest roast beef sandwich that I had ever seen, gave me a cup of coffee, and told me to go over to a corner table and enjoy it. I was afraid that you would get into trouble... Then, when I looked over and saw you put the price of my food in the cash register, I knew then that everything would be all right."

"So you started your own business?" Old Jack said.

"I got a job that very afternoon. I worked my way up. Eventually I started my own business that, with the help of God, prospered." She opened her purse and pulled out a business card.. "When you are finished here, I want you to pay a visit to a Mr. Lyons...He's the personnel director of my company. I'll go talk to him now and I'm certain he'll find something for you to do around the office." She smiled. "I think he might even find the funds to give you a little advance so that you can buy some clothes and get a place to live until you get on your feet... If you ever need anything, my door is always opened to you."

There were tears in the old man's eyes. "How can I ever thank you?" he said.

"Don't thank me," the woman answered. "To God goes the glory. Thank Jesus...... He led me to you."

Outside the cafeteria, the officer and the woman paused at the entrance before going their separate ways....

"Thank you for all your help, officer," she said.

"On the contrary, Ms. Eddy," he answered. "Thank you. I saw a miracle today, something that I will never forget. And.. And thank you for the coffee."
God is going to shift things around for you today and let things work in your favor.

No comments: