Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Prayer of a 21st Century Bride

Wow!    This is definitely Something to ponder.  
Thank You Leah,

Poem



Prayer of a 21st Century Bride   
   by Leah Svensson

I sit here and ponder, how did this become the dream?
2 cars 2 jobs and a couple big screens
We make enough for a fancy house, we recycle and buy organic food
Honey, is this what we signed up for when we said 'I do?'
Working 5 days a week, sometimes 6. Dinner is mostly take out cause I don’t have time to fix it
I love the view off the back porch, beautiful evergreen trees,
You’re still at work I miss you much, wish you were sitting here with me
I don't hear the sounds of baby's feet, just our cat and our dog
There's something comforting in having pets but our only children have  paws 




Come home turn on the tv ask me how was my day
Making another man’s dream come true for  a bit of pay
I wish I could say it was great I am fulfilled and it’s fun
But really I can't wait until the day is done
I graduated with honors, got my 4.yr degree
Married someone I wanted to grow old with and who said they loved me


But now I'm questioning all the choices I've made
Was it God in all I've done, I've always tried to pray
I thought God heard me, maybe He did, but I could never hear his reply
For the world told me the way to go or I would surly die
Can't live off the land, can't go without a car
God forbid we lose electricity, no that would go too far
No, I'll wait for my loved one to come home we'll have an hr or two alone
Then we separate again, hey we always have the phone


Is this truly what I want or what somebody forced on me?
Does God have a more peaceful way to live where I can live and work side by side with my family?


Can a farmer make it with a wife and a broad of kids, Isn't that the original American dream
Where we grow our own food, build our own homes and milk our own cream
Father I want your blessings I want the best you've got
And this is the place of fulfillment, the land for which our forefathers fought
Take my hand lead me where milk and honey flow


Where you lead I will follow where you point I will go
And as you bless all of our belongings I will continually praise thy name
In this I bow my head before you, let us start our new life today!




No comments: