Sunday, March 6, 2016

**These Voices in My Head Are REAL!?** Part 1... The ORIGINS



Isaiah 58 Ministries                                               March,  2016

Pastor:  "Faith"

Scriptures: Romans 7:14-20,  8:12-15,  Genesis 4:10,  Hebrews 12:24,  1 Corinthians 2:4, 14; 14:10-11, Psalm 12, Ephesians 6:10-15,   Acts 2:38,   Luke 24:49, Matthew 28:18:20



                                       I hear voices in my head!  
       

      If you have ever tried to follow God like the disciples did in the Bible you're going to have voices in your head... and, as a Christian, you're gonna need to understand the origin of each voice so you can distinguish from your high school science teacher, a tv commercial, the government, your parents, and God Himself...  You're gonna need to go DEEP to get into those voices.  Some call it Multiple Personalities, Some call it Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Mourning, depression, wearing many different hats, compartmentalizing, multi tasking, etc. Same thing, different name and to different degrees. 

    People Explain "sin" that controls their thoughts and actions in many different ways. Smart people know that there are voices other than their own in their head.  Paul said, it is "sin that dwells within me," in Romans.



Romans 7:14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do(voices in my head telling me to sin). For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[ For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it(the voice in your head telling you to sin).

   Paul does **not stay in this state of perpetual sin and we no longer have to either.


Joined as one , Married to God, You become one with God.
Romans 8:
12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, (the voices in your head telling you to sin) to live according to it (the voices in your head telling you to sin). 13 For if you live according to the flesh,(the voices in your head telling you to sin) you will die; but if by the Spirit (the voice of God showing you how to please God) you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.
14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God (the voice of God in your head showing you how to please God) are the children of God.15 The Spirit you received does not make you slavesso that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry,   
 “Abba, Father.” 
          
Sin is stronger than anyone!
   It is very important to preach about the "Power of Sin",  before preaching the Gospel.   Sin is more powerful than people .  Human Beings are the slaves of Sin.  Mankind will always be a slave to sin until we apply Paul's message here to live according to the "Spirit" and call out to God:  Father "Help Me!"  God I need your help, Sin is to powerful for me, I need you!  Jesus, God, Holy Spirit Help me.       
For all have fallen short of the glory of God. All men are born slaves to  sin.  When we start seeing and hearing from God is we recognize the difference between 
God's Voice, 
the Holy Spirit's Voice,
 Jesus Voice
Our own Voice 
and the Voices of others in our heads.  

  People whose minds are being renewed;  made brand new by the power of God will say things like "I hear my mother's "voice" in my head saying this or that.  Or someone doing something wrong will say: I can hear my Dad "voice", right now if he saw  what I was doing.
God talks about the voice of Able's blood calling out to him. The voice of Jesus' Blood speaks the Word.

Genesis 4:10 (NIV)

10 The Lord said, “What have you done? Listen! Your brother’s blood cries out to me from the ground.

Hebrews 12:24New International Version (NIV)

24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

1 Corinthians 14:10-11King James Version (KJV)

10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.
11 Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.
           Human Voices have tremendous power. The power of our voice can be used for good or for bad.  Protesters use their voices to bring about change, hopefully for the better. 
     
Scripture says that evil men use their voices to "prevail". To rob, cheat, malign, oppress, trick, threaten, deceive, pretend, etc. in order to provide for their needs, wants, and  desires.  Good people use their words, voices to set people free and keep them safe.



Psalm 12

For the director of music. According to sheminith. A psalm of David.

Help, Lord, for no one is faithful anymore;
    those who are loyal have vanished from the human race.
Everyone lies to their neighbor;
    they flatter with their lips
    but harbor deception in their hearts.
May the Lord silence all flattering lips
    and every boastful tongue
those who say,
    “By our tongues we will prevail;
    our own lips will defend us—who is lord over us?”
“Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan,
    I will now arise,” says the Lord.
   “I will protect them from those who malign them.”







And the words of the Lord are flawless,
    like silver purified in a crucible,
    like gold refined seven times.          
You, Lord, will keep the needy safe
    and will protect us forever from the wicked,
who freely strut about
    when what is vile is honored by the human race.


         
If you have been raised in AmericaN, Western Culture, the first thing you do every day is get up and go!  It's a fast paced world and you have to keep up. If you are under 30 you have probably had to get up and go to Day Care or the Babysitters 6 to 7 days a week as early as 6:00 am.  No  time to spend with God or read the Bible or meditate.  
It's go, go, go until you drop at the end of the day, which is probably any where from  11:00 pm to midnight. Again, no time to read the Bible, pray, or meditate.

 
    This is a horrible way to live but you feel you have used your whole day very productively and didn't waste a minute.  In reality you just wasted your entire day in a perpetual state of "Sin" following the "voice of the world", following the "forces" of the world that are speaking into your mind and telling you what you can and cannot do.
"Rulers" TV Advertisers, Governments, Teachers, Business men

Ephesians 6:10-15New International Version (NIV)

The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark   
world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

     The Devil's schemes  and uses "Voices" to put us into bondage. .. A bondage that we are not strong enough to break free from.

The rulers, the powers of this dark world, the spiritual forces are 
"words", voices.  You remember every word ever spoken to you!  Those words either empowered you with Faith or dragged you down into or under submission to the person speaking the words.

Have you ever caught yourself raising your hand? 
     One day when you were only 5 years old your teacher told you; "If you have a question or something to say, "raise your hand and wait patiently to be called on." You learned not to speak until given permission from her.
       
      That part of your mind is stuck at that 5 year old age and will never "grow up", never mature. (the thought has to repent to heal.)  Because you are captive to the submission of a human being.  Another person's voice, outside of the "laws of God" outside the "Knowledge and love of God", outside of the Kingdom of God, outside of the authority and will of God.  It's a "crime".


         More to come in Part 2!

 Rejoice !Jesus died on the Cross and shed his blood. He ascended into heaven and sent us the comforter, he empowered us with His Spirit.  Wait and you will recieve power from on high. 






No comments: